Competition rules for the
Best Final Project (TFG or TFM) in English Award
Academic Year 2016-2017
- The competition is open to students who write and present their Final Projects (either TFGs or TFM) in English at the School of Design Engineering (ETSID) between 1st April 2016 and 30th September 2017, inclusive.
- There will be one single prize of 800 euros gross.
- The application form to participate in the competition must be completed when the Final Project is handed in to the School’s Administrative Office.
- The writing and oral presentation of the Final Project must be carried out entirely in English. Any accompanying documents (technical report, presentation slides, technical drawings, etc.) should also be written in English. The language used must comply with the linguistic criteria of formal academic and technical English. To serve as an example, the following link, as well as similar ones, may be consulted:
- The Panel that will evaluate the Final Project (TFG/TFM) dissertation will consist of the usual members of an ordinary TFG/TFM evaluation board; a Chairperson and two members, one of whom must belong to the Applied Linguistics Department of the UPV and teach at least one of the subjects in the area of English Language at the School. The Evaluation Panel will make the assessment for this award at the same time as they evaluate the work carried out in the Project, during its presentation.
- The Panel’s marks for each Project submitted will be kept in sealed envelopes and held by the School Administrative Services until the end of the Final Project evaluation process.
- When the period corresponding to the evaluation process expires, the envelopes containing the marks will be opened by the Director of the ETSID. The prize will be awarded to the Final Project which obtains the highest mark. If two or more Final Projects are awarded the same mark, the prize will be shared equally between them.
- The decision will be communicated to the winning student or students and will be publicly announced on the institution website at etsid.upv.es. The decision will be final and binding.
 In exceptional circumstances, the Evaluation Committee may be consulted, via the School’s Administrative Office.