TRAINING PROFESSIONALS FOR 150 YEARS
The history of the current School of Engineering Design begins with the reform of 1851, it was formalized with the subsequent publication in La Gaceta de Madrid (May 22, 1855 No. 871) of the Royal Decree on the Industrial Schools Plan. In Title III «vocational schools» where the materials and structure of vocational education are articulated, Article 14 says «For now only in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Valencia and Vergara will be professional schools». Since the beginning of its existence, the School of Valencia, like the rest of Spain, it has been subjected to numerous changes in both structure and function, name, etc … not in vain, has always been evenly matched terms «professional», «application» and «industrial». That is why, it is complex to tell the story of the School of Valencia, documentation is scarce and often streaky. You can follow the story through its operation or, rather, by the laws that have regulated both academic aspects and the professional attributions . Therefore the current ETSID is an evolution of the center created by Real Decree of 22 May 1855 in the Gaceta de Madrid in the city of Valencia, along with schools in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Vergara. Subsequently, the School of Valencia has continued in line form in their classrooms most university graduates who have helped to consolidate the industrial fabric of the Valencia region.
In Spain, it can be considered, that studies of industrial engineering starting in the year 1850 by the Royal Decree of the Ministry of Commerce, Education and Public Works, of September 4, in which the Minister, Manuel de Seijas Lozano, proposed to SM Queen Elizabeth II the creation of the Industrial Schools. Industrial in three grades: Elemental, Expansion or Professional and Superior. Curriculum Extension Schools established in the art. 14 of this R.D. School Valencia is already mentioned in the Organic Plan Promoting Schools May 20, 1855, as Minister Francisco de Luxán. Although the teachings and have started in Valencia in 1852. The first reform of industrial teachings was made by Royal Decree of the Ministry of Public Works on September 9, 1857, to enact the «Law of Education» by the Minister Claudio Moyano. In the aforementioned Law School rises Valencia School Superior.Por the rank of Royal Decree of 28 April 1861 authorizing the Industrial School of Valencia to admit exam Bachelor of Mechanical Engineers and Chemists. By Royal Decree of 17 August 1901 the rank of High School of Industry to Valencia is confirmed. During 1906-1907 the Industrial School of Valencia refundó.
As seen, our school is really the oldest of Valencia, which perhaps may surprise more than one and is, therefore, an age which far exceeds the century. However, if you stick to the written documentation available at our Center, the School of Valencia is recast by Royal Decree of 19 December 1906 as Minister of Public Instruction illustrious Valencian Amalio Gimeno. César San Ramon was appointed Commissioner director to lead the process of re-founding of the School of Valencia during the course 1906- 1907. Selected teachers and constituted the cloister was appointed Director Jose Alapont Ibanez, starting to work in the 1907- 1908 course with 150 students about. Initially the classes were held in the municipal building to recayente Street Arzobispo Mayoral, aimed at Normal School, with which classrooms and shared services, but lacking laboratories and workshops. Thanks to the offer made by the industrial Bartolomé Montañés of their own workshops in the industry La Primitiva Valenciana, was able to organize practical lessons.
Avenue Antic Regne
In 1923 it moved its theoretical activities to classrooms Luis Vives 31 May 1925 the then Institute Head of Government, General Primo de Rivera, laid the foundation stone of what which should be the building avenue Antic Regne de Valencia. The extraordinary vitality of our school requires successive enlargements made in 1933, with extended premises for the section metallography, in 1940, with the expansion of the craft workshops and the construction of a new plant for classrooms, and in 1965, construction of the new pavilion Laboratories. Industry High Schools initially depended on the Ministry of Commerce, Education and Public Works. Subsequently was dependence of the Ministry of Grace and Justice in a relatively short time, to be included later in the Ministry of Development. In 1928 and R. D. of 21 December, the Higher Schools of Industries go to the Ministry of Labour and change its name to High Schools Work. By R. D. of September 19, 1931 are included in the Ministry of Public Instruction and Fine Arts under the name School of Industrial Experts. Act of April 29, 1964, on «Technical Education» are renamed Schools of Industrial Engineering.
The Campus U.P.V.
Finally, the General Education Act of 1970 joined the University under the name of University Schools of Industrial Engineering. Property exhausted the possibilities Avenue Antic Regne de Valencia, has built a new building for the location of the school on the campus of our Polytechnic University, being Rector D. Justo Nieto Nieto and School Director D. Enrique Ballester Sarrias, this building will be inaugurated by the Minister of Education cipria Ciscar in the presence of the Minister of Education and Science Mr Javier Solana Madariaga, on July 25, 1989.
Classes will continue to give in the previous building, today Roads II, until the inauguration of the new and current ETSID building on the campus of our Polytechnic University, being Rector D. Justo Nieto Nieto and Director of the School D.Enrique Ballester Sarrias the July 25, 1998, provided it with greater features such as: Improved tutorials, there are more firms authorized to do so; greater range of computer classrooms; classrooms for lectures; room larger library, laboratories for teaching and / or research, offices for more than 100 teachers, planetarium, bodeguilla, parking, power supply through the photovoltaic plant.