109365 Internship: Hybrid Vehicle Research
Model Based Design Powertrain Division
Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300,000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2,700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R & D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Research and Development (R & D) in Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for development of attractive, competitive, higher quality cars matching European market and customers' requirements.
Our target is to develop solutions which can be implemented in the power-train system to reduce fuel consumption, cost, weight of TOYOTA's vehicles as well as improve their drivability / performance supporting TOYOTA's mission of 'ALWAYS MAKING BETTER CARS'.
The MBD (Model Based Design) team is part of the Powertrain Engineering group.
Our main activity is to develop the powertrain of a vehicle through system simulation (HiL, SiL).
The aim is to meet the various requirements and expectations placed upon modern vehicles; low emissions, low fuel consumption, power performance, low noise, durability, fun-to-drive,…
Additionally to the system simulation the validation is done by physical testing methods (test benches, vehicle test cell, test track driving roller,…) as well as software tools for data processing, visualization and analysis.
You will be working within our Hybrid Vehicle research section and your tasks will include:
- Engineer support: data analyzing and validation: prepare the bench (HiL) test plan together with our supplier, analyse the measurements data and draw conclusions.
- Engineer support: validate simulation results with current vehicle (ex. (Auris HV) and study new concept (calibration, logic, hardware).
- Engineer support: evaluate benefit and side-effect of several improvement strategies (control, hardware…).
- Tools and methodologies in your working area in order to enhance working efficiency development.
- Last year Master studies in mechanical engineering looking for a long term internship to gather practical business experience.
- Keen interest/affinity in advanced powertrain technologies and cars in general.
- Flexible team player.
- Open personality, able to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality, highly motivated.
- Good notions of and interest in programming / simulation: Matlab, Simulink and of course MS Office
- Must be able to communicate clearly & effectively in English (written & spoken).
- Owner of a driving license.
Place of Employment: Toyota Motor Europe Technical Centre, Zaventem (near Brussels)
Starting date: September 2016
Duration: 6 months-1 year
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all projects can be reflected in the internship report performed. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.